Favourite Character

Author: Anonymous /

Who is your favourite character? I've plowed right through three books already and know enough to say that my favourite is Tyrion, hands down! Actually, I have three, truth be told. Tyrion Lannister: because he is the ultimate bad ass, he is smart, cunning, manipulative and calls people on their bull. The very fact that he is a dwarf endears him to me even more. I have a soft spot for any underdog. Make no mistake - Tyrion might be half a man's size but he more then makes up for that in the intelligence department. That, and he has a real dry sense of humour. I love the fact that he loathes his sister and will seek out appropriate vengeance, when the time arrives. Oh, and he also puts snot nosed Joffrey in his damned place.

The next two characters that I can't decide between are Arya Stark and Jon Snow. They are both tough, they are survivors. Arya does not have any of the false sincerity and longs to be more then just a lady who will marry a high born Lord and raise sons in a castle of her own. She's spunky, fiesty and knows how to handle a sword. Jon Snow is a the illegitimate son of Eddard Stark. So what, he's a bastard. As Tyrion once told him - 'wear that fact on your sleeve and it can never be used against you.' He is tough, eager to learn, wants to protect the realm and is an honest guy. True, he is conflicted, as he wants to know who is lady mother was. I like the bond Jon has with his brothers and Arya.

Brandon Stark also tugs at my heart strings. Perhaps he will outlive everyone in the series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment