"F" is for Frey!

Author: Anonymous / Labels: , , ,

We come to the letter "F." Normally, I don't mind the letter but I detest who this post represents. "F" stands for Frey. The Frey that most comes to mind is the cantankerous, sly old fox, Walder Frey. What I remember from Season I is how Lady Catelyn went to negotiate terms with him and he was newly married....to a 15 year old teenage girl. Talk about revolting. "And her honey's all mine." Could Walder Frey get any more disgusting?!

Yes, the man is called "Late Lord Frey," because he is known in the Seven Kingdoms for showing up late for battles. Preferable when the battles are over. How convenient. He has a lot of children and even more bastards. He is also very ambiguous in the series and extremely cranky in the books.

I know from what I've seen and what I've read, that I would not want Lord Walder Frey as my enemy. He has lived to be almost 90 years old and there's a reason for it: his cunning. He has outlived many a man because he is sly and able to look at situations and judge them for better or for worse.

Interesting to note that two betrothals were brokered at the end of Season I between two of his children to Robb Stark and Arya Stark.  Now that we've all finished watching Season II, we all know that Arya is so far removed from being engaged to one of Lord Walder Frey's sons, that really, she has nothing to worry about. It's Robb Stark's actions that have been a real breach of contract.

I have read four out of five books and I will not spoil anything for anyone checking out my little blog spot. But I will say this: Lady Catelyn Stark implored her son not to rub Lord Walder Frey the wrong way. He doesn't need the banner men of the North. More like, they need him because of his bridge. He has the advantage where he can call the tune and name his price to all that need to cross the Frey bridges.

Robb Stark: for all your military skill, you sure lack in common sense. And for what? A pretty face! Lord Walder Frey is a dangerous man. You will soon find out just how dangerous and vicious a 90 year old man can be...

0 comments:

Post a Comment